Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Effects of sales promotions on consumer preferences and brand equity perception: with specific reference to FMCG products
Researcher: Vaishnani, Haresh B
Guide(s): Bhayani, Sanjay J
Keywords: Business Managment, Equity
Upload Date: 18-Aug-2011
University: Saurashtra University
Completed Date: February 2011
Abstract: The Indian FMCG sector is the fourth largest sector in the economy with a total market size in excess of US$ 20.1 billion. It has a strong MNC presence and is characterized by a well-established distribution network, intense competition between the organized and unorganized segments and low operational cost. Availability of key raw materials, cheaper labour costs and presence across the entire value chain gives India a competitive advantage. Also, increase in the urban population, along with increase in income levels and the availability of new categories, would help the urban areas maintain their position in terms of consumption. At present, urban India accounts for 66% of total FMCG consumption, with rural India accounting for the remaining 34%. However, rural India accounts for more than 40% consumption in major FMCG categories such as personal care, fabric care, and hot beverages. newline Family income is one of the variables which should be considered while designing sales promotion schemes more specifically cash discount. There is significant difference between consumer preference of cash discount and free gift as sales promotion schemes. It is also very clear that consumers prefer cash discount as a sales promotion schemes compare to free gift as a sales promotion scheme. It is found that Consumer deal proneness differs according to marital status. Furthermore, it is also proved that married are more deal prone compare to Unmarried. Added to it Brand Equity perception differs according to employment categories. It is concluded that male prefers the newspaper and point of purchase material as a source to know sales promotion schemes over female. newline Overall, Sales promotion scheme on international brand, awareness spread out by word of mouth, Scheme is value added type with immediate benefit is preferred by the customers.
Pagination: 385p.
Appears in Departments:Department of Business Management

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
01_title.pdfAttached File126.79 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
02_declaration.pdf127.19 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
03_certificate.pdf126.53 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
04_acknowledgements.pdf88.53 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
05_abstract.pdf89.1 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
06_table of contents.pdf152.05 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
07_list of tables.pdf157.06 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
08_acronymes.pdf134.77 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
09_chapter 1.pdf380.06 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
10_chapter 2.pdf1.21 MBAdobe PDFView/Open
11_chapter 3.pdf835.95 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
12_chapter 4.pdf274.07 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
13_chapter 5.pdf4.87 MBAdobe PDFView/Open
14_chapter 6.pdf669.73 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in Shodhganga are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Altmetric Badge: